Location: Austin, TX 78728
Post Date: 06/05/2019
VIP Staffing is hiring for a Quality Inspector
Required Qualifications for Job Function:
• One to two years of experience performing visual and microscopic inspections on IPC-A-610 Class I, II and III boards.
• Should possess a background in surface mount and through hole electronic assembly and possess third party credential(s) attesting to skill levels attained.
• Ability to read, understand and verify Bills of Materials, assembly drawings and/or other technical information requirements as may be required by AMS and/or the customer.
• Visual acuity of 20/20 when corrected with lenses with the ability to discern correct colors.
• Demonstrate ability to clearly communicate in writing and/or verbal communication.
• Knowledge of all types of surface mount and through hole processes/assemblies is required.
• Level III soldering certification and some rework experience is desired.
• Ability to discern between conformance and nonconformance of an AMS process/procedure based upon objective evidence and through the use of an internal/external standards.
• Employee must meet other general AMS requirements as indicated in the corporate employee handbook.
• Should have experience using MS-Excel, WORD and other Windows-based software applications.
• Performs visual inspections of partially-finished and finished products, accepting or rejecting product per current industry and customer standards and technical requirements.
• Performs First Article production inspections on SMT and Through Hole products against IPC standards, AMS system requirements and/or against customer specifications and communicates acceptance or rejection of same to production personnel.
• Records all product acceptance/rejections per AMS system procedures and work instructions.
• Is a member of, and participates within, the assignments of the Quality Department as may be determined by management.
• Provides support services to production as may be assigned by management.
Experience with inspecting boards on a component level
Shift: 7:30am to 4pm (possibly 5pm-6pm as needed)
Monday thru Friday, some weekends
Click Here to Apply