Location: Houston, TX 77095
Post Date: 11/07/2018
Our client in Northwest Houston is looking for a shop helper on day shift. Must be flexible to work a second shift if asked.
– Entry level position which will assist workers engaged in metal cutting activities by performing the following duties.
– Lifts, positions, and moves bar material to designated areas or machines.
– Loads, stacks, and transports stock, tools, dies, and work in process by hand crane or forklift.
– Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment. Performs other routine duties.
– Operates sandblasters, drills, taps, deburring, and assist in other machine setups and operations to produce metal parts on a production basis.
– The potential to be assigned tasks and learn new skills involving a wide variety of precision measuring instruments is highly likely.
– High school education; or up to 10 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Applicants with a solid work history and the drive to learn a new trade will take presidents over other candidates. Service in plastic, wood and the metal industry will be considered acceptable lateral experience. – To perform this job successfully, the prospective employee must be willing to work a 49 hr. work week and maybe be required to work additional overtime.
– The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is needed.
– Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ability to write simple correspondence is highly desired.
– The employee must frequently lift and/or move occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Interested Applicants please contact 713.467.2662