Location: Fort Worth, TX 76110
Post Date: 04/03/2020
TOOL ROOM ATTENDANT
Position reports to maintenance supervisor. Will be responsible for ordering shop supplies and maintaining the tool room. Will ensure that tools are properly stored, receive proper preventative maintenance and issued to employees when needed. Will be responsible for tracking parts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Create requisitions to replenish inventory.
2. Organize and prioritize requisitions from maintenance and production departments.
3. Submit requisitions to buyers.
4. Receive parts shipments and log into system.
5. Perform daily cycle counts of inventory, focusing on critical parts first.
6. Ensure accuracy of inventory in database with weld wire, gases & consumables, quantity, and location.
7. Maintain a clean and organized parts room.
8. Conduct daily scanning of inspection sheets, forklift, crane and work orders.
9. Other duties as assigned by facilities supervisor.
10. Maintain records of tools and equipment issued to production employees.
11. Support the tool room counter to work with shop requesting tools and related consumables of equipment.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
? High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
? Must be a motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
? Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
? Knowledge of MS Office software and familiarity with ERP software.
? Basic math skills are required.
? Attention to detail and organization skills are required.
? Ability to maintain quality, safety, and control standards.
? Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
? Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
? Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
? Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
? Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
? Good sense of how tools operate & their functions.
? Capable of lifting up to 50lbs.