Location: San Antonio, TX 78232
Post Date: 05/16/2022
The Production Systems Administrator is part of a team that supports production and broadcast systems. The Media Production Systems administrator manages the systems used by the Production Broadcast Producers/Directors and the Creative Teams Editors. You will support the following systems/tools:
• Avid Media Composer
• Avid Interplay Environment
• Adobe Creative Suite
• DIVA archival systems
• Telestream Vantage
We’re looking for a team-oriented individual to support and maintain a wide array of broadcast and production systems, streaming and podcast infrastructure, media encoding and publishing tools, and other related systems in addition to typical Infrastructure server maintenance for our Network Operations Center (NOC). Our ideal candidate is a natural problem-solver, takes pride in working on small tasks as well as big projects, and remains focused in a fast-paced broadcast environment. They are also end-user-focused and understand the need to clearly communicate technical issues to a variety of stakeholders throughout the organization.
• Support, manage, and troubleshoot HM’s broadcast, play-to-air, automation, and production systems.
• Provide end-user assistance for production systems and tools.
• Collaborate with Engineering and IT to support and maintain production systems and environments that interface with their systems.
• Support podcast and streaming infrastructure (e.g. streaming hardware, audio processing and publishing systems).
• Provide support for digital traffic systems that serve streaming, on-demand and podcast audio.
• Develop and maintain workflow standards, standard operating procedures, and user training for managed systems.
• Support transporting and encoding of all digital media assets, guiding media to and from production systems, automation systems, audio publishing tools, digital channels, archive systems, and the content management system.
• Design and implement disaster recovery plans for all media production systems, including regular testing, documentation, and training.
• Administer, review, and manage broadcast systems security.
• Openly and proactively communicate ideas, plans, and issues to stakeholders.
• Administer and support all broadcast and content service monitoring systems.
• Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and trends and use this knowledge to improve both the individual and the team.
• Provide excellent communication and customer support to users and stakeholders.
• Provide department budget input as requested.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience in a media technology, broadcast systems, post production or information technology support role.
• Knowledge and experience with audio and media technologies and internet media delivery systems.
• A demonstrated track record of managing significant activities or systems.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Ability to embody and reflect the values of HM
• Analytical-based approach to problem solving and a confident understanding of how technical systems work and interface.
• Proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, verbally and in writing.
• Coordinate and own large complex projects that require unique solutions.
• Proven ability to track details, stay organized, and meet deadlines in a multitasking and changing environment.
• Proven ability to develop recommendations to managers.
• A self-starter who can work independently as well as take direction from others.
• Demonstrated ability to teach others on tasks and ability to assess if learning occurred.
• Demonstrated ability to understand the interconnectedness of systems.
• In-depth Windows knowledge; working knowledge of MacOS.
• Experience supporting and configuring media production systems such as AVID Media Composer, ProTools and Adobe Creative Suite.Must be a team player with strong communication and customer service skills, both within the Technology division and with others across departments and divisions.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experience supporting media production systems and post production systems.
• Experience troubleshooting and problem-solving in a broadcast television productionenvironment.
• Familiarity with the systems and services like: AVID Media Composer, ProTools, Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience in digital media (audio and/or video), especially video codecs, media encodingand workflow best practices. Telestream Vantage knowledge preferred.
• Experience with end-user support, training and troubleshooting.
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking and IP based digital audio systems including multicast environments.
• Experience supporting and troubleshooting cloud server and storage infrastructure and systems.
• Knowledge of digital audio/video workstations and enterprise audio/video storage systems.
• Active consumer of media using various platforms and delivery methods.
• General networking experience.
Click Here to Apply